Collections Management Internship
The Lee Fendall House Museum is pleased to offer a collections management internship opportunity for qualified candidates for the fall of 2021. The intern will assist staff with various tasks related to collections management, including researching, rehousing, and photographing historical objects as well as updating collection catalogue records. The intern will also assist with performing an inventory of the collection. This internship is ideal for graduate students who would like to gain more experience working with historic collections in a historic house museum setting. Funding for this position is provided by the Society of the Lees of Virginia.
- Research, rehouse, and photograph objects in the museum collection
- Update collection catalogue records in PastPerfect database, update paper files
- Assist with performing a full inventory of the collection
- Assist with the installation and deinstallation of exhibits
- 18-24 hours per week (schedule is flexible)
- Work must be done in person at the museum on days the museum is open to the public, Wednesday through Sunday
- A three month internship with anticipated dates running from early September through early December 2021 (dates are flexible)
- Free on-site parking is available as well as close proximity to public transport
- Must be a currently enrolled student or recent graduate of a museum studies, public history, or related program, preferably at the graduate level
- Experience with museum collections management databases, preferably PastPerfect
- Knowledge of collections management practices and experience handling historic objects
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Amanda Roper, Manager of Interpretation at email@example.com by July 28, 2021. Please include “Collections Management Internship” in your subject line.