Museum Education Internship
The Lee Fendall House Museum is pleased to offer a museum education internship opportunity for qualified candidates for the spring of 2022. The intern will assist staff with various museum education projects, with a specific focus on leading and developing educational programs and exhibits. Tasks include researching, writing, and implementing programming for children, student groups, families, and adults. This internship opportunity is ideal for anyone interested in a career in museums and public history. This is an unpaid internship, but college credit can be arranged.
- Lead tours for visitors and assist with public programs and exhibits at the museum.
- Prepare themes, materials, and activities for our education programs for children and families.
- Create digital content for our website and promote educational programs and resources on social media.
- 18-24 hours per week (schedule is flexible)
- Work must be done in person at the museum on days the museum is open to the public, Wednesday through Sunday
- A three month internship with anticipated dates running from January through April 2022 (dates are flexible)
- Free on-site parking is available as well as close proximity to public transport
- Must be a currently enrolled student or recent graduate of a museum studies, public history, or related program.
- Experience working with students and the public is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Amanda Roper, Manager of Interpretation at email@example.com by October 15, 2021. Please include “Museum Education Internship” in your subject line.